Thursday, July 9, 2009

Car Servicing

Finally took some time off to send the car for some basic servicing. I had already noticed my front right tyre having a leak so told them (mechanic) to do a patch at the same time.
When I returned an hour or so later, another sales assistant was standing at the counter to serve me. So he told me, based on the work order form he has, the tyre patching wasn't possible! I was pretty upset and disappointed as the tyres here costs pretty much and I know that I had to change a set of 2 minimum.
Luckily, after checking again further with the original sales assistant who served me, it was verified that the tyre was patched.
Apparantly, the initial finding was a nail stuck at the side of the tyre, thus making it not possible to patch it up. However, the mechanic then found another nail in the middle of the tyre and he patched that one up and realized that the nail at the side was very short and thus did not damage the tyre itself at all.
I was just thinking some random thoughts about this incident and I just felt that sometimes in life, there are those things that never really matter but will always be there. Whereas there'll always be those that did matter which can be patched up.

3 comments:

  1. You're not thinking of patching back with you-know-who already, are you? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh? patching up with you ah? hmm..i consider.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm condemned goods! How about Vicky? LOL

    ReplyDelete